Jobs you can do in canada without permit

Some of the best jobs in Canada don’t require a work visa or permit if you’re a citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes all of the countries in the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

Canada is one of the most desirable destinations for skilled workers from Europe, thanks to its tolerant, multi-cultural society and generous social benefits. It also has an excellent standard of living. But many people are put off by the need for a work permit or visa which can be time consuming to apply for, and which restricts you to a single employer.

If you’re a citizen of one of the EEA countries (or Switzerland) then you can move to Canada on your passport alone, and take up any job that doesn’t require special qualifications (such as medical or dental practitioner).

Jobs that don’t require a permit

There are several categories of occupations where you won’t need a work visa or permit:

Intra-company transfers. Moving to Canada from the U.S. or Mexico? Your company may be able to transfer you without needing a work permit.

International experience Canada (IEC). You can also come to Canada on an IEC working holiday visa if you’re from one of 30 countries and territories, including the UK, Australia, Japan and Germany.

Visitors (temporary stay). This is for people who want to visit Canada as tourists, but are allowed to work while they’re here. It’s important to note that you can only do certain types of jobs while on a visitors visa, including:

Seasonal agricultural workers

Live-in caregivers

Marine crew members

Foreign representatives to Canada (diplomats)

Professionals and technicians (NAFTA). The North American Free Trade Agreement created special economic and trade relationships between the U.S., Canada and Mexico. If you’re in one of the professions covered by NAFTA, you may not need a work permit:

Professional occupations under NAFTA include: If you have a degree or diploma that certifies your ability to work as an accountant, architect, engineer, lawyer etc., then you can work without obtaining permission from the Canadian authorities.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.